Thanks to SmartSurvey, our communication strategy is making us stand out from the crowd. By using SMS, asking the right questions and acting on results, IKEA is one step ahead of the competition.
Public Sector & Government Surveys
Public Sector & Government Surveys
As an approved G-cloud supplier, we are the online software for any public sector or government survey project.
Surveys for public sector employees, civil servants and politicians
Gathering public opinion and collecting feedback from communities is imperative in many industries, no more so than in the public sector, government services and politics. Find out how your local area feels about certain topics, canvas political opinion from constituents and discover the issues that matter most in your communities, all with user-friendly online surveys. SmartSurvey’s professional software enables the collection and analysis of feedback and data in a quick, secure and flexible manner.
Examples of public sector and government surveys
Here are a few types of surveys and their application in public sector and government services:
- Public Consultations - These are open to everyone and often take the form of surveys or questionnaires. They're used to gage public opinion on a wide range of issues, such as proposed changes to local services, new policy proposals, or significant infrastructure projects.
- Stakeholder Consultations - These are more targeted and involve specific groups who have a vested interest in a particular issue. For example, if a new policy might affect a specific industry, the government may conduct a consultation with businesses and organizations within that industry.
- Citizen Panels - Some local governments in the UK have established citizen panels. These are groups of residents who have agreed to provide feedback on local issues. Panel members might be asked to complete surveys or participate in focus groups.
- Community surveys – Every local community has its specific needs and the only way to discover these are to ask households about their daily lives and the issues they face. Online surveys are an effective, secure and anonymous (if necessary) way to collect the data needed to construct this community profile.
- NHS surveys – Listening to patients’ views is a vital part of providing a patient-centered National Health Service. Regularly and systematically gathering feedback about the care received should be cost effective, surveys should be accessible to all, and data should be easy to manage and analyze.
- Political surveys – Use online surveys and political polls to analyze campaign issues, candidate positions, and public opinion during an election year.
- Crime prevention and police surveys – Through surveys police services and local communities can work together to reduce local crime. Such surveys could include questions relating to community crime perception, home security and anti-social behavior.
- Annonymous data protected surveys – Respondents’ data is often sensitive, so we have security features in place to keep the private, private. SmartSurvey is registered under the Data Protection Act, all data remains in the UK, participants can be anonymous and both surveys and results can be password protected.
Improving public sector and government services with online surveys
Public sector services are driven by the needs and requirements of the people they care for. Conducting online surveys is a quick and affordable method of community engagement and gathers the feedback needed to make service delivery as efficient, effective and budget-conscious as possible. For example, the Metropolitan police used SmartSurvey online surveys to reach out and get real responses to real questions. With this feedback they were able to set policing priorities for their communities which were in line with what their communities wanted.
With online surveys, policy makers and local authorities can quickly and effectively get to the heart of what matters most to their local communities. Surveys can be created and distributed to collect feedback on any issue; anything from leisure, tourism and town events to school facilities, public transport and new cycle paths. SmartSurvey online surveys can also be completed on any mobile device and written in any language; two very important features to ensure surveys are accessible to all and generate high response rates.
By surveying their constituents, members of political parties can map the political landscape before elections, analyze the effectiveness of debates and demonstrations, and understand what changes and promises voters will rally behind. Online surveys are a very efficient way of collecting and analyzing these vital statistics and have the power to change the course of political campaigns for the better.
How are we different?
Your data will be stored and processed here in the UK for your peace of mind.
We pride ourselves on going above and beyond for our customers, providing expert advice and support whenever you need it.
You're in safe hands
Our secure platform and robust data protection measures ensure your data is safe and secure with us. We are ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus certified.
We understand the importance of personal interaction, which is why we offer a human touch alongside our cutting-edge technology.
We're committed to making our surveys accessible to everyone, with a range of features to support those with disabilities.
With no limits on the number of responses you can collect, you can be sure your survey will reach as many people as possible without it being cost prohibitive.
Don't just take our word for it
Over 500,000 users have registered to use SmartSurvey.
We couldn't be happier with SmartSurvey, we love its functionality and flexibility. This means we have been able to use one survey tool across many parts of the business.
Get in touch
We are ISO27001 certified, registered under the Data Protection Act and fully compliant with EU Privacy Laws.
Access to a knowledgeable account manager for personal assistance for when you most need it.
Our friendly design team is on hand to assist with any bespoke design and custom development requests.
We succeed if you succeed. Our goal is to help you carry out effective research and we’re here to help you achieve that.